Many businesses don’t see a need for strategy planning specifically for machine learning. Those companies see it as a disruptor; simply adopt the technology to gain the advantage. However, listen to the senior leadership of businesses advertising the value they’re seeing from machine learning and you’ll hear them talk about the technology as framed by strategic objectives.
That’s because they’ve come to understand that machine learning is a foundational technology. Machine learning returns the greatest value when framed by use cases aligned with strategic objectives. That means use cases are best selected by senior leadership as part of the strategy planning process rather than tactically by data scientists.
The machine learning strategy process is the difference between choosing what projects should be undertaken based on ROI versus what projects can be completed based on technology. Through several technology cycles, businesses have learned hard lessons by chasing a technology over value.
The Strategy Package includes:
- Strategy Integration Guide: The guide takes senior leaders through the process of integrating machine learning into the overall business strategy.
- Communications objectives for each phase of planning
- A strategy roadmap template
- Sample product roadmap
- Sample technology roadmaps for different adoption phases
- Strategy meeting guide with key deliverables
- Initiative and business case templates
- Budget template